Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov will be temporarily suspended over their actions following their fight at UFC 229 in Las Vegas last weekend, and a report says they are expected to receive some sort of discipline.

McGregor and Nurmagomedov will be temporarily suspended beginning on Oct. 15 pending a hearing with the Nevada Athletic Commission, which will take place on Oct. 24.

Nurmagomedov’s $2 million purse for the fight has been withheld pending the commission’s investigation, while McGregor has been paid his $3 million purse.

ESPN’s Ariel Helwani reports that Khabib is likely to be sanctioned for starting the post-fight brawl by jumping out of the cage following his win and going after members of McGregor’s team. Helwani further reports that McGregor is also expected to be disciplined for jumping on the cage and appearing to punch someone.

UFC President Dana White previously said that three members of Nurmagomedov’s team had been arrested for their roles in the chaotic post-fight brawl.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY